We can’t thank you enough for showing up on October 8th, 2016 at The Clocktower Brew Pub in the Glebe to not only support Soup Ottawa but to hear out six amazing local initiatives. Clocktower graciously donated the space, the soup, and the bread – aren’t they just the best!
Prototype Alternate Greenhouse Heating was the big winner of the night, taking home $650 to go towards “Harvesting Heat”. Their project was to explore alternative, sustainable, low maintenance ways to heat small greenhouses all year round – a worthy cause that spoke well to our theme: Harvesting Creativity.
As always, congratulations to all of our amazing presenters last night. In case you missed out, here’s a recap of who they were:
- Fourth – empowers individuals to be engaged and informed. Record, report and be rewarded.
- Yarns – an original music album that fuses composition and prose
- The Mental Health Forum Theatre Project – co-creating a forum theatre play with adults with mental health challenges
- The Carleton University Peanut Project – research on the influence of gut microflora on peanut allergies
- Mobile art groups: healing in a communal way – community art groups for newcomer women to heal through painting